I’m planning a shroom event……..
My question…….I CAN’T STAND the taste of those mushrooms, what is the
best way to ingest them???
I’ve heard in teas, also that milk products elimate the taste of the shroom.
Please explain to me the best way to process them?
My favorite way is to make honey from the fresh ‘shrooms. Just stick them in a jar of honey. After a few days the psilocybin leeches out into the honey and you can sweeten your tea with it. This way you can control your dose very carefully and you lose the intense mushroom flavor.
Other ideas are using them in soup, milkshakes, and omletes. In Holland they sell mushroom tea bags in the Smart shops. But as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t do mushrooms any more. They contain other toxins that can cause a lot of discomfort to some people.
-The Old Hippy
Posted by: skip
I ate way too many mushrooms on Dec. 23rd and had a trip that was way, way, way too intense for me. On that night I let go even though I wasn’t quite ready. It was really scary and way too much. I just layed on a bed moaning and groaning and experiencing every emotion I know of magnified by 5000. Now it’s more than 3 months later and I am afraid of psychedelics.
In the past they have opened my mind and truly changed me for the good. Now I am scared of them. I am in a
psychedelic jam band and all the dudes in my band are always wanting me to trip and play with them but I am too scared. I want to be able to trip again but you know how it is… if I was to get high now I’d probably think to myself oh no, what if I have a bad trip and then it’d become a bad trip! How can I ease myself in to tripping again?
Thanks old hippy!
Sounds like a very heavy experience! I think you should cool it for awhile. Doing psychedelics for kicks is not happening. They’re not party drugs and they don’t get you high, as you now realize.
Everyone comes to the point you’re at if they do enough mushrooms or acid. It does turn into a burnout. Timothy Leary was one of the few people I know who could do it regularly (once a week since the 60s he claimed). But he carefully controlled his set and setting each time, and respected but never abused the drug.
My problem with mushrooms has to do with the toxins. All magic mushrooms have a number of toxins that increase with the dose. These can really intensify the experience negatively. Your body is trying to stop being poisoned. What could have been a deeply satisfying trip turns into almost a matter of life and death. I once nearly killed myself on Amanita mushrooms.
So now I stay away almost entirely from psychedelics. Once you’ve been there and confronted your ego’s failings, it ain’t much fun to go back there again and again. I believe there is a collective experience we all have when we do psychedelics. That is, the experience and the place we reach is the same. If you learn the lessons there’s no reason to repeat them.
People who take these drugs just to get high are really trying to escape from reality and instead come face to face with their own mortality (instead of their immortality!). This causes them great depression when they crash, and rather than come to terms with themselves they seek to escape again.
I can only justify tripping to explore one’s inner self. I know musicians like it because they’re able to express themselves more easily (or at least they think so). Remember the Dead, my favorite band to trip to! If you want to seek further then as I said cool it for awhile (as long as a few years!) and if you still feel you are missing something you could try it again. It’s just a doorway. You get to see past the illusion but then you must return. But be careful of your dosage. That is very important. Also set and setting. Be in a supportive environment with supportive people, just in case.
the old hippy
Posted by: skip
I have never tried mushrooms, although i know that i want to. recently,
however, my friend had a bad trip. he said that it was the worst he
ever felt and that he became so depressed that he actually considered
killing himself. this is the first time i have ever heard of a bad trip
off of mushrooms. i am wondering if it is common or if this is some
The way psilocybin, the active ingredient in mushrooms affects the brain is similar to that of LSD, affecting neurotransmitters. This can lead to a number of psychological manifestations. Depression is more likely if the dose is large and the trip is deep. Contributing factors can be a tendency towards depression, or a bad mind set going into it. Perhaps your friend was thinking he was just going to get high, and wasn’t prepared to undergo an intense inward experience. The setting is also important since some places have good vibes (like nature), and others can elicite negative responses (like cities). Perhaps most important is having someone supportive, who isn’t doing mushrooms, around to monitor the situation and help out if necessary.
I’m surprised that people are doing these drugs (still) without realizing
how powerful they are. LSD, psilocybin (mushrooms), mescaline (peyote)
are all heavy hallucinogens whose dose is very hard to gauge.
Each of these drugs has the potential of giving the user one of the most intense
experiences of his/her life. They are not to be taken lightly, they are not
for kicks or to get high. Many people take these psychedelics for the first
time expecting a party. It may start that way, but often it turns into
Scream, or some other horror movie gets shown at their own private cinema of
If you are prepared for this, knowing what might happen, and have the proper
set and setting then the chances of a good trip are maximized. What is a
good trip? I suppose it would be the one where the layers of the ego are
stripped away, and the now humbled tripper sees himself as an infinitesimal
speck in something so wonderful, that being just a speck, something alive
and aware, is far greater than anything he can imagine.
What a long strange trip,
The Old Hippy
Posted by: skip